I’m an award-winning freelance writer, and I frequently come across interesting stories. Please contact me if you’d like to hear more about the topics, and I’ll provide a more detailed pitch. I’d love to write for your media platform!
- Ian Boden is the Chef/Owner at The Shack in Staunton, Virginia, and the Culinary Partner at the Tabard Inn in Washington, D.C.
- The future of Afro-Latino cuisine with interviews with Dallas/Fort Worth area Chefs Tiffany Derry and Juan Rodriguez
- Luis Espinoza, Peruvian immigrant and proprietor of Massachusett‘s first Latino-owned brewery.
- Sam Fore, a Sri Lankan-American chef and recipe developer based in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Chef Michel Ouita and her influence on Lexington, Kentucky‘s culinary scene.
- Lawrence Weeks is the Executive Chef of North of Bourbon in Louisville, Kentucky.
- The Black Soil Collective–an interesting collaboration of Black farmers and food entrepreneurs in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Feast–a Lexington, Kentucky-based event celebrity women in the food and beverage industry
- Fresh–a Black-owned bourbon company in Lexington, KY
- The menu collection at the Keeneland Horse Racetrack Archives
- Soulfest Week in Lexington, KY, a culinary celebration
- A Black Dining Guide to the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver)
- A Black Dining Guide to Fort Worth, Texas
- Goldee’s Barbecue in Fort Worth, Texas (top rated, interracial ownership)
- Horace & Dickeys, a Black-owned seafood restaurant in Washington, D.C.
- The Social Vegan, a Black-owned restaurant in Lexington, KY, was awarded as the nation’s best chili by Vegetarian Times magazine.
General Interest Topics
- Dr. Yvonne Giles and her efforts to keep Lexington, Kentucky’s Black History alive.
- The African Americans in Horse Racing exhibit at the Keeneland Horse Racetrack Archives