Check Out Where I’m “Dropping Knowledge Like Hot Biscuits”™ All Across the Country!
- May 28–“Black Chefs in the White House,” Cooks & Books lunch, Fearrington Village, NC, 1 p.m. EST.
- May 29–“State of Things” radio show, WUNC-91.5 FM, Chapel Hill, NC, 10 a.m. EST.
- May 30–“North Carolina Story Through Food” panel, Carolina Cornucopia Conference, Chapel Hill, NC, 12:30 EST.
- June 5–Centus Partners Launch Party, Denver, CO, 6:30 p.m.
- June 6–Soul Food dinner to benefit the Sam Cary Bar Association, Grand Lake, CO, 6:30 p.m.
- June 18–Soul food cooking demonstration, Central Market, Austin, TX, 6:30 p.m CST.
- June 20–Soul Summit, Austin, TX, panelist, 10 a.m.
- June 28–Theology of Soul Food Luncheon, Bethel A.M.E. Church, Boston, MA, 1 p.m. RSVP here.
- June 29–Massachusetts Council of Churches Benefit Dinner and Book Talk Darryl’s Corner Bar & Kitchen, Boston, MA, 6:30 pm EST. Find ticket information here.
- Soul Food dinner to benefit Harvest of Hope Charity, May 19.
- “Storytellers: Knowing Our Histories & Sharing Our Legacies” panelist, Stanford National Black Alumni Summit, Atlanta, GA, May 1, 11:30 am.
- Colorado Interlibrary Loan Conference, Broadmoor, CO, April 30, 1 pm.
- “Cultivating Food Justice” symposium panelist, University of Colorado at Denver, CO, April 10.
- Highland Church soul food fundraising dinner, Denver, CO, March 30.
- “Hunger, Food and Faith,” St. John’s Episcopal Cathedral, Denver, CO, March 19.
- Stanford Dining Mardi Gras Event, Stanford, CA, Feb. 17.
- “Black Chefs in the White House,” Denver Eclectics, Denver, CO, Feb. 9.
- First Universalist Church Book Club, Denver, CO, Feb. 9.
- Adult Education Class, Central Presbyterian Church, Denver, CO, Feb. 8.
- Bantam + Biddy One Year Anniversary Party, Atlanta, GA, Jan. 11.
- Guest lecture at Johnson & Wales University, Denver, CO Campus, Jan. 13
- Big Jones Restaurant, Chicago, IL, Jan. 18.
- Eat Your Words Book Club, Denver, CO, Jan. 19
- Miami Book Fair International, Miami, FL, Nov. 22.
- University Club of Denver, Denver, CO, Nov. 14.
- Global Soul, DU Enrichment Course, Denver, CO, Oct. 25, Nov. 6, Nov. 13 and Nov. 18.
- Texas Book Festival cooking demonstration, Austin, TX, Oct. 25.
- Back-to-School Barbecue sponsored by Donner Dormitory and Crothers Hall, Stanford, CA, Oct. 12.
- Ecumenical Hunger Program dinner, Palo Alto, CA, Oct. 11.
- Stanford Black Alumni Association of Washington, DC author panel discussion, Mount Pleasant Library, 3160 16th Street, NW, Washington, DC, Oct. 5.
- Keynote address at the “Soul Food: A Contemporary and Historical Exploration of New South Food,” Center for the Study of the New South, Charlotte, NC, Oct. 2.
- William Doyle Inns of Court, University Club of Denver, Sept. 17.
- Association of Food Journalists Conference, Sept. 9-12.
- Soul Food Dinner, Rye Restaurant, Kansas City, Sept. 6.
- A Taste of Colorado, cooking demonstration, Denver, CO, Sept. 1.
- National Book Festival, Washington, D.C., Culinary Arts Pavilion, Washington Convention Center, Aug. 29.
- Fried chicken dinner, Brennan’s of Houston Restaurant, Houston, TX, July 31.
- Cooking demonstration and dinner, Brennan’s of Houston Restaurant, Houston, TX, July 30.
- Briarpatch Book Club, Centennial, CO, July 27.
- Rotary Club of Southeast Denver, Cherry Hills Village, CO, July 24.
- “Soul Food and Salvador Dali,” Re-Mixed Tastes, Museum of Contemporary Art Denver, Denver, CO, July 17.
- Black Caucus of the American Library Association Awards Ceremony, Las Vegas, NV, June 29.
- Stanford Alumni Club of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, June 28.
- Southern Foodways Alliance Summer Symposium, Jackson, TN, June 21.
- History Colorado, Denver, CO, June 3.
- The Cotton Museum, Memphis, TN, May 25.
- South Carolina Book Festival, Columbia, SC, May 17.
- Southern Food Writing Conference, Knoxville, TN, May 15-16.
- James Beard Foundation Award Dinner, New York, NY, May 2.
- University of Denver, Denver, CO, May 1.
- Stanford Colorado Gathers,” Rocky Mountain Stanford Association, Denver. CO, April 29.
- TEDxYouth@DSST Talk, Denver School of Science and Technology, Denver. CO, April 24.
- Zingerman’s Deli, Ann Arbor, MI, April 22.
- East High School guest lecture, Denver, CO, April 10.
- Park Hill Elementary Fundraiser, Cora Faye’s, Denver, CO, April 4.
- Slow Food Denver, Cora Faye’s, Denver, CO, April 3.
- Women with Words Book Club, Centennial, CO, March 29.
- The History of Soda Pop, Adult Education Class, Wellshire Presbyterian Church, March 14.
- Black Chefs in the White House, Old Salem Museum & Gardens, Winston-Salem, NC, March 8.
- Schlessman Public Library, 100 E. Poplar Street, Denver, CO, March 5.
- Stanford Club of Georgia, Atlanta Country Club, Atlanta, GA, March 2.
- Soul Food Happy Hour, The Shed at Glenwood, 475 Bill Kennedy Way, Atlanta, GA, March 1.
- Soul Food discussion, Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA, Feb. 27.
- Soul Food Sunday at United Church of Montbello, Denver, CO, Feb. 23.
- Black History Month Celebration with The Academy of Urban Learning, Barnes & Noble Bookstore, 960 S. Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO, Feb. 23.
- Culinary Historians of Chicago, Chicago, IL, Feb. 22.
- Soul food and Black Chefs in the White House, Savory Spice Shop, 1537 Platte Street, Denver, CO, Feb. 19.
- University of Denver Monthly Book Club Discussion, The Loft, Penrose Library, DU Campus, Feb. 18.
- Soul Food Presentation, Smoky Hill Library, 5430 S. Biscay Circle, Centennial, CO, Feb. 12.
- University of Colorado at Denver, Black Staff and Faculty Affinity Group Black History Month event at CU-Denver, Denver, CO, Feb. 7.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Black Employment Program Black History Month program speaker, Denver, CO, Feb. 6.
- Black Student Alliance Soul Food Cooking Demonstration, CU Boulder, Feb. 5.
- Books on Review, Shadesland Art Center, Walnut Creek, CA, Jan. 30.
- Book signing and community greet, The Farm, Minden, LA, Jan. 18.
- The Dream Dinner, The Farm, Minden, LA, Jan. 18.
- Book signing, Multicultural Center of the South, Shreveport, LA, Jan. 17.
- Book signing event with Book Passage, San Francisco Farmer’s Market, Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA, Jan. 4.
- Book signing at Gallagher Books, 1428 S. Broadway, Denver, CO, 80210, Dec. 7.
- Book signing at Hoover’s Home Cooking, 2002 Manor Rd, Austin, TX, Dec. 2.
- 100 Men Who Cook, Renaissance Denver Hotel, 3801 Quebec Street, Denver, CO, Nov. 30.
- “Indies First” “at The Tattered Cover, 2526 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80206, Nov. 30.
- Books, Bites & Brews, a benefit for Douglas County Public Libraries, Castle Pines, CO, Nov. 9, 2013.
- Mixed Tastes lecture, Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, Denver, CO, Oct. 22.
- Book signing at Savory Spice Shop Ft. Collins, CO, Oct. 19.
- Cooking demonstration, The Cupboard, Ft. Collins, CO, Oct. 18.
- Southern Festival of Books, Nashville, TN, Oct. 11.
- Book signing event at Geechee Girl Rice Café, 6825 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, Oct. 1.
- Book signing event at Florida Avenue Grill, 1100 Florida Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, the nation’s oldest soul food joint, Sept. 26.
- Soul Food and Bourbon discussion and book signing event, Southern Food and Beverage Museum, 1604 Oretha C. Haley Blvd, New Orleans, LA, Sept. 21.
- Denver Eclectics, Sept. 18.
- Quail Ridge Books, Raleigh, NC, 3 p.m. book signing event, Sept. 8.
- BOOKMARKS Festival of Books, 3:30 p.m., Winston-Salem, NC, book reading and signing, Sept. 7.
- “Eat and Greet with Adrian Miller,” Sweet Potatoes restaurant, 529 N. Trade Street, Winston-Salem, NC, Sept. 7.
- The Tattered Cover Bookstore, (Colfax Avenue location) 2526 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO, 7:30 p.m., book reading and signing, Aug. 27.
- Decatur Book Festival, Decatur, GA, 1:45 p.m., book reading and signing, Aug. 31.
- Forty Decades and a Meal Book Launch Event, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library, Denver, CO, Aug. 17.
- “Black Chefs in the White House,” a fundraising event for Campbell Chapel A.M.E. Church and the Colorado Black Health Collaborative. We will be joined by special guest and former White House Executive Chef Walter Scheib (1994-2005),Denver, CO, June 8.
- “Healthy Soul Food,” Jack and Jill–Denver Chapter, Denver, CO, April 6.
- Soul Food,” World Awareness Day, Smoky Hill High School, Aurora, CO, March 28.
- Scholars, Scribes and Storytellers,” Blair-Caldwell Public Library, Denver, CO, March 11.
- “Black Chefs in the White House,” Black History Month Presentation, Akin, Gump, Strauss, Haeur & Feld LLP, Feb. 25, 2012, Washington, D.C.
- “Soul Food,” African American Month Kickoff Celebration, USDA Food and Nutrition Service Mountain Plains Regional Office, Feb. 13, Denver.
- “The History of Chicken and Waffles,” Denver Eclectics, Jan. 30, 2013, Denver, CO.
- Community Cinema Screening and Panel Discussion of Soul Food Junkies, Rocky Mountain PBS, Jan. 20, 2013.
- “Black Chefs in the White House,” Inspiring Minds, Nov. 12, 2012, Denver, CO.
- “Home Cooking in the White House,” FosterSports annual fundraiser, Oct. 20, 2012, Denver, CO.
- Sister 2 Sister gathering, July 21, 2012, Broomfield, CO.
- Black Chefs in the White House Presentation, April 12, 2012, Democratic National Convention Speakers Series, Johnson & Wales University, Charlotte, NC.
- Black Chefs in the White House Presentation, March 1, 2012, The Virginia Club of New York, New York, NY.
- Coffee with the Authors, Campbell Chapel A.M.E. Church, Feb. 25, 2012, Denver, CO.
- Black Chefs in the White House Presentation, February 9, 2012, “Reality Bites” series, Yale Dining, Yale University, New Haven, CT.
- “Space Weather and Kool-Aid Pickles,” Mixed Tastes Lecture (with Craig DeForest), Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, Feb. 3, 2012, Denver, CO.
- History of Soul Food, November 11, 2011, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
- History of Barbecue, November 7 & 9, 2011, Denver Eclectics, Denver, CO.
- Culinate Table Talk on southern cooking with me, Virginia Willis and Sandra Gutierrez, Thursday, October 6, 2011.
- “Hungry in the South” symposium keynote, September 17, 2011, Southern Food and Beverage Museum, New Orleans, LA.
- “Chicken and Waffles and the Ice Ages,” Mixed Tastes Lecture (with Kirk Johnson), Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, Feb. 11, 2011, Denver, CO.
- “Hot Sauce and Jewish Mysticism,” Mixed Tastes Lecture (with Rabbi Levi Brackman), Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, June 26, 2009, Denver, CO.
- “Black Chefs in the White House,” Jan. 20, 2009, Zingerman’s Roadhouse, Ann Arbor, MI.
- “Soda Pop and Death Rituals of Borneo,” Mixed Tastes Lecture (with Christina Kreps), Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, June 12, 2008, Denver, CO.
- “Soul Food and Existentialism,” Mixed Tastes Lecture (with Maria Talero), Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, August 9, 2007, Denver, CO.