Check Out Where I’m “Dropping Knowledge Like Hot Biscuits”™ All Across the Country!
- November 30–“Indies First” at The Tattered Cover, 2526 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80206, 9 am to 11 am.
- November 30–100 Men Who Cook, Renaissance Denver Hotel, 3801 Quebec Street, Denver, CO, 6 pm to midnight.
- December 2–Book signing at Hoover’s Home Cooking, 2002 Manor Rd, Austin, TX, more details coming soon. RSVP here.
- December 7–Book signing at Gallagher Books, 1428 S. Broadway, Denver, CO, 80210, 1 pm to 3 pm.
- January 4–Book signing event with Book People, San Francisco Farmer’s Market, Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA, 1 p.m.
- January 30–Books on Review, Shadesland Art Center, Walnut Creek, CA.
- Books, Bites & Brews, a benefit for Douglas County Public Libraries, Castle Pines, CO, Nov. 9, 2013, 5 to 9 p.m.
- Mixed Tastes lecture, Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, Denver, CO, Oct. 22nd, 6 p.m.
- Book signing at Savory Spice Shop Ft. Collins, CO, Oct. 19th, noon to 2 p.m.
- Cooking demonstration, The Cupboard, Ft. Collins, CO, Oct. 18th, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Southern Festival of Books, Nashville, TN, Oct. 11, 2 p.m.
- Book signing event at Geechee Girl Rice Café, 6825 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, Oct. 1, 7 p.m.
- Book signing event at Florida Avenue Grill, 1100 Florida Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, the nation’s oldest soul food joint, Sept. 26, 6:30 p.m.
- Soul Food and Bourbon discussion and book signing event, Southern Food and Beverage Museum, 1604 Oretha C. Haley Blvd, New Orleans, LA, Sept. 21, 2 p.m.
- Denver Eclectics, Sept. 18, 6:30 p.m.
- Quail Ridge Books, Raleigh, NC, 3 p.m. book signing event, Sept. 8, 2013.
- BOOKMARKS Festival of Books, 3:30 p.m., Winston-Salem, NC, book reading and signing, Sept. 7.
- “Eat and Greet with Adrian Miller,” Sweet Potatoes restaurant, 529 N. Trade Street, Winston-Salem, NC, 8:30 A.M., Sept. 7.
- The Tattered Cover Bookstore, (Colfax Avenue location) 2526 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO, 7:30 p.m., book reading and signing, Aug. 27.
- Decatur Book Festival, Decatur, GA, 1:45 p.m., book reading and signing, Aug. 31.
- Forty Decades and a Meal Book Launch Event, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library, Denver, CO, Aug. 17.
- “Black Chefs in the White House,” a fundraising event for Campbell Chapel A.M.E. Church and the Colorado Black Health Collaborative. We will be joined by special guest and former White House Executive Chef Walter Scheib (1994-2005),Denver, CO, June 8, 6 p.m.
- “Healthy Soul Food,” Jack and Jill–Denver Chapter, Denver, CO, April 6, 1:30 p.m.
- Soul Food,” World Awareness Day, Smoky Hill High School, Aurora, CO, March 28, 7:10 a.m.
- Scholars, Scribes and Storytellers,” Blair-Caldwell Public Library, Denver, CO, March 11, 6:30 p.m. http://denverlibrary.org/event/scribes-scholars-storytellers-series-2013.
- “Black Chefs in the White House,” Black History Month Presentation, Akin, Gump, Strauss, Haeur & Feld LLP, Feb. 25, 2012, Washington, D.C.
- “Soul Food,” African American Month Kickoff Celebration, USDA Food and Nutrition Service Mountain Plains Regional Office, Feb. 13, Denver.
- “The History of Chicken and Waffles,” Denver Eclectics, Jan. 30, 2013, Denver, CO.
- Community Cinema Screening and Panel Discussion of Soul Food Junkies, Rocky Mountain PBS, Jan. 20, 2013.
- “Black Chefs in the White House,” Inspiring Minds, Nov. 12, 2012, Denver, CO.
- “Home Cooking in the White House,” FosterSports annual fundraiser, Oct. 20, 2012, Denver, CO.
- Sister 2 Sister gathering, July 21, 2012, Broomfield, CO.
- Black Chefs in the White House Presentation, April 12, 2012, Democratic National Convention Speakers Series, Johnson & Wales University, Charlotte, NC.
- Black Chefs in the White House Presentation, March 1, 2012, The Virginia Club of New York, New York, NY.
- Coffee with the Authors, Campbell Chapel A.M.E. Church, Feb. 25, 2012, Denver, CO.
- Black Chefs in the White House Presentation, February 9, 2012, “Reality Bites” series, Yale Dining, Yale University, New Haven, CT.
- “Space Weather and Kool-Aid Pickles,” Mixed Tastes Lecture (with Craig DeForest), Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, Feb. 3, 2012, Denver, CO.
- History of Soul Food, November 11, 2011, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
- History of Barbecue, November 7 & 9, 2011, Denver Eclectics, Denver, CO.
- Culinate Table Talk on southern cooking with me, Virginia Willis and Sandra Gutierrez, Thursday, October 6, 2011.
- “Hungry in the South” symposium keynote, September 17, 2011, Southern Food and Beverage Museum, New Orleans, LA.
- “Chicken and Waffles and the Ice Ages,” Mixed Tastes Lecture (with Kirk Johnson), Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, Feb. 11, 2011, Denver, CO.
- “Hot Sauce and Jewish Mysticism,” Mixed Tastes Lecture (with Rabbi Levi Brackman), Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, June 26, 2009, Denver, CO.
- “Black Chefs in the White House,” Jan. 20, 2009, Zingerman’s Roadhouse, Ann Arbor, MI.
- “Soda Pop and Death Rituals of Borneo,” Mixed Tastes Lecture (with Christina Kreps), Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, June 12, 2008, Denver, CO.
- “Soul Food and Existentialism,” Mixed Tastes Lecture (with Maria Talero), Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, August 9, 2007, Denver, CO.