Check Out Where I’m “Dropping Knowledge Like Hot Biscuits”™ All Across the Country!
- January 23–History of White House State Dinners, Denver Eclectics, Denver Country Club, 5:30 p.m.
- February 13–Ooey, Gooey, Macaroni and Cheese with Teresa St. Peter of New World Cheese, Park Hill Public Library, 4 p.m.
- February 18–The President’s Kitchen Cabinet book launch party, History Colorado, 4 p.m–7 p.m.
- February 23–The President’s Kitchen Cabinet book reading and signing, Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Harlem, NYC, 6 p.m.
- February 25–The President’s Kitchen Cabinet book reading and signing, Politics and Prose, Washington, D.C., 3 p.m.
- March 9–The President’s Kitchen Cabinet book reading and signing, Longmont Public Library,
- March 31–The President’s Kitchen Cabinet book reading and signing, Smoky Hill Public Library, 7 p.m.
- None scheduled at this time.
Other Events That Happened This Year
- “The President’s Kitchen,” cooking demonstration with Ailsa Von Dobeneck, Smithsonian Food History Weekend, Washington, DC 11:45 a.m.
- “Food is Politics” panel, Smithsonian Food History Weekend, Washington, DC, 9:30 am.
- “Who We Are Month” presentation on soul food, Ball Packaging Co., Sept. 27, noon.
- Mac ‘n’ cheese in Presidential History, New World Cheese, Denver, Aug. 1, 6 p.m.
- International Baccalaureate World Student Conference, University of Denver, July 23, 8:45 a.m.
- “Presidential Cheese,” New World Cheese, 2504 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, August 1, 6:30 p.m.
- Soul Food-themed “Tea with Teri,” Coach Woodson Las Vegas Invitational, July 11, 1 p.m.
- Lighthouse Writers Workshop Presents: “Making the Mountain,” June 10, 8 p.m., @Lighthouse Lit Fest Tent, 1515 Race Street.
- “Presidential Pork,” Camp Bacon, Zingerman’s Deli, Ann Arbor, MI, June 4.
- Stanford Black Alumni Association at Stanford Sierra Camp, May 13-15.
- Omnivore Books, San Francisco, CA, May 12.
- “Good for the Soul” workshop, New Hampshire Writer’s Day, April 23.
- Food Lover’s Book Club, Cherry Creek-Ross Public Library, Denver, CO, April 13.
- Soul Food dinner, Boulder, CO, March 10.
- “Smoke and Soul” panel discussion with Chef Edward Lee and author Toni Tipton Martin, Actors Theater, Louisville, KY, March 5.
- “A Soulful Slice of Cheese History,” American Cheese Society webinar, Feb. 29.
- 2nd Annual Brotherhood Summit, Smoky Hill High School, Feb. 27.
- Golden High School, Golden, CO, Feb. 25.
- African American History Luncheon, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, Feb. 25.
- 10th Annual African American Diversity/Inclusion Luncheon, U.S. Dept. of the Interior Business Center, Lakewood, CO, Feb. 23.
- National Society of Black Engineers, CU Boulder, Feb. 22.
- Colorado Black Health Collaborative, Denver, CO, Feb. 20.
- DenverWorks Charity Dinner, Feb. 19.
- Boricua Soul Food Truck at Fullsteam Brewery, 726 Rigsbee Ave., Durham, NC, Feb. 13.
- “African Foodways in the American South,” Institute for the Arts and Humanities, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Feb. 12.
- Mardi Gras Celebration Guest Chef, Lagunita Dining Hall, Stanford University, Palo Alto, Feb. 9.
- Government Cheese: A Celebration of Mac ‘n’ Cheese in Presidential History, New World Cheese, Denver, CO, Feb. 6, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- African American Read-In Celebration, Skyline High School, Oakland, CA, Feb. 4.